Childrens classes Richmond
The Lil’Dragons Programme is an age specific martial arts programme, catering to children ages 4-7 years old.
Lil’Dragons is more than just martial arts, but an incorporation of Life and Safety skills, making it one of the most elite children’s martial arts programmes in the World.
This programme trains children to be good upstanding citizens and gives them an excellent foundation for a lifetime. It includes units in safety and life skills, which develops them socially, emotionally, physically and stretches them intellectually.
Other topics covered are:
- Learning to share
- Self Esteem development
- Developing a sense of independence
- Taking turns
- Curiosity stimulation
- Speech and language development
- Promotion of physical strength, coordination and stamina
- Increased awareness of body and space
- Fundamental motor skills development
- Following instructions
- Demonstrating respect for others
- Demonstrating self control
- Taking initiative and showing responsibility
- Problem solving
- Developing a love of learning
Every eight weeks we hold a grading for our Lil Dragons where they can earn their next belt. With each new belt the student is taught a new punch, kick, block & form.
The gradings are marked out of 50 with 10 points allocated to each category:
Our Instructors are CRB checked and have experience working with this specific age group.
We make sure to maintain a friendly and enthusiastic work environment at all times.